Collection and Usage of Personal Information
- When you register online or make a payment online for a WorldStrides program, you are required to enter information such as name, address, email address, phone number, and credit card information through an online form. All of your information is transmitted in an encrypted format.
- Because our travel programs are offered in conjunction with the services of other companies such as airlines and hotels, we need to share some of your personal information with those companies, only to the extent that it is necessary to complete your travel arrangements.
- When you participate in an online contest or survey, WorldStrides may ask you for personal information such as your name and email address. Your participation in online contests and surveys is voluntary.
- If you fill out a form to request information on becoming a Program Leader, we may contact you to provide information on becoming a WorldStrides Program Leader.
- When you submit information about another teacher for our “Refer a Friend” program, we may contact that teacher in regards to becoming a WorldStrides Program Leader.
- If you email us to ask us a question or to report a problem, we use return email addresses only to answer the emails we receive. We do not use these addresses for any other purpose and we do not share these addresses with outside parties.
- Information collected from online registration, contests, surveys or online forms may be used to provide you with special promotions or online information that we believe might be of interest to you.
- To respect the privacy of our users, we provide the opportunity to opt-out of certain types of communication. You may also email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time if you would like to unsubscribe from our email service.
Collection and Usage of Non-Personal Information
WorldStrides collects site traffic data from our site. We also use information about IP addresses, types of Web browsers, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), referring and exit pages, operating systems, date/time stamps, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, and track users’ movements. This information is only for aggregate use and is not linked to any personally identifiable information.
WorldStrides takes great care to ensure the secure transmission of our users’ financial information. When you provide us with financial information in order to register online or make an online payment for a WorldStrides program, we transmit that information in an encrypted format. We use VeriSign SSL (secure socket layer) encryption. Once we receive your data, we make our best effort to ensure its security in our systems.
Links to 3rd Party Websites